Title of the Project: Transforming Labor Force Qualifications in Trade Sector into Vocational Career (BİLMEK-Computer Based Vocational Certification & Career Center)
Sector to be covered by the Project: Trade Sector/Marketing and Sales subsectors
Project location: Ankara/TURKEY
Start Date End Date Overall Duration (months)
01.02.2016 31.07.2017 18 months
Total project cost (EUR) :211.144,50 100%
Grant amount requested (EUR) :190.008,94 89, 99 % of total Project cost
Total applicant contribution (EUR) :21,135.56 10 % of total Project cost
Overall objective of the project:
The overall objective of the project is; to develop a testing and certification system based upon vocational standards, to design a 'Vocational Qualifications Services Model' by associating this system with the other labor market services such as providing labor market information, carrier guidance, training and work placement and by this way to provide contribution to the development of qualified and certified labor force, provision of the efficiency of formal and extensive vocational training by strengthening the relation between education and employment, promotion of recognition of previous learning, support of life time learning process and facilitation of the harmonization of National Qualifications Framework with European Qualifications Framework.
Specific objectives of the Project:
- To establish a test and certification system in trade sector based upon vocational standards for 'Marketing', 'Sales' and 'Purchase' vocations,
- To design a 'Vocational Qualifications Services Model' via associating the testing and certification system to be developed and initiated with the current labor market services of Ankara Chamber of Commerce such as providing labor market information, career guidance, training and job placement,
- To assist employees and the jobseekers to comprehend the changing structure of the trade sector and to develop vocational knowledge, skill, attitude and behavior in compliance with new conditions,
- To enable employers and employees to raise awareness regarding economic and social utilities which shall be provided by certified labor force ,
- To strengthen Ankara Chamber of Commerce?s institutional capacity regarding their works performed for the development of a vocational qualifications system,
- To encourage other chambers of commerce and industry so that they should carry out actions for the development of the vocational qualifications system.
Target Groups and Final Beneficiaries of the Project
Target group of the Project is; members of vocations who are engaged in 'Sales (Level 6-5-4-3)' and 'Marketing (Level 6-5-4)' in trade sector (During the project, 30 members of vocation are aimed to be certified within the scope of the pilot application.)
Final beneficiaries of the Project are; private sector businesses performing in trade sector, institutions and organizations providing vocational training and other chambers of commerce and industry which shall take these applications as a model.
Name of the project: InToGeneration
Start date: 1st September 2014
End date: 30th September 2016
The project is financially supported by Erasmus+ programme through VET Strategic Partnership measure.
You can follow the project progress on http://www.into-generation.eu/.
InToGeneration project has been developed in order to support young successors to go smoothly through the process of transition from an older to a younger generation in a family business. The project's mission is to ensure that young entrepreneurs are well prepared to asses an existing business and take a well-informed decision when deciding to continue the business. An innovative adults' business training program is being developed that will support young entrepreneurial successors with knowledge and skills how to continue the management of the micro enterprise in a profitable manner. The training content consists of basic theoretical business models, practical examples, videos, and case studies, driven by real business trends and requirements. In addition to the practical training content, case studies are used to present daily challenges in management and how to cope with them.
At the beginning of 2016 project partners started to recruit piloters who would evaluate InToGeneration training program in the 5 partner countries - Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, Germany and Spain. It was expected that a total of 150 micro-SMEs would take part in the piloting phase of the project. They would provide feedback and recommendations about the quality and applicability of the InToGeneration training program. Based on the obtained feedback, the project consortium would decide on further steps for improving and mainstreaming the training units.